This prominent accountancy practice based in central London is part of a network of accountants looking after small businesses and individual taxpayers nationwide, comprising of over 200 offices employing more than 700 staff. The practice has in excess of 600 clients across a variety of industries.
The practice is looking for a keen and forward-thinking candidate to join the team.
About the role
To be a core member of the team with minimum 4-5 years small practice experience. You would be involved in all aspects of limited company accounts preparation, management of juniors, contributing to management decisions/suggestions/provision of information. The successful candidate must have the proven expertise and capability to quickly settle in and deliver high quality tax and accountancy services, with the personal touch that our small business clients expect and deserve. You will work closely with the other team members and will have a lead hands-on role in the preparation of final work.
Responsible for the practice’s portfolio of limited company clients you will be directly involved in the following:
- Must be confidence and absolutely proficient in the preparation of limited company accounts
- Familiar and compliant with FRS 105 and 102 accounting standards
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts and be confident in reviewing/finalising financial statements for presentation to the client
- Preparation/review of corporation tax returns and computations
- Preparation/review of VAT returns if required
- Dealing directly with clients to resolve all queries prior to finalisation of work. Also dealing with their ad-hoc queries in a clear and timely manner
- Provide ad-hoc tax advice to clients
- Confident in the use of a variety of cloud-based bookkeeping/accounting systems
- Supervision (including their development) and review of the work of junior team members
- Dealing with client queries by email and telephone
- Ad hoc duties as required.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent communication, organisational and time-management skills
- Be able to ‘eat up the work’ and get things done in a professional and efficient manner
- Ability to converse confidently with clients to convey the company brand
- An ability to work to deadlines and manage own workload, and the workload of the team
- Detail oriented
- A desire to learn and develop
- A confident, reliable and well-presented individual with a strong work ethic and desire to work in a team orientated environment
To be prepared to put in the hard work required to be rewarded with a great opportunity within an expanding and successful company.
What you will need to succeed
You must already possess the skills and recent experience to deliver all of the above professionally and competently, including:
- Qualified to at least AAT level. Candidates with ACCA/ACA qualifications would be desired/encouraged
- At least 4-5 years’ experience working in an accountancy practice
- Organisation skills that will enable you to prioritise work and work efficiently in order to meet target dates and filing deadlines
- Strong IT skills – although training will be given on our in-house Accounts Production and Tax software a working knowledge of TaxCalc/Xero/QuickBooks would be an advantage
- Personality, with the ability to develop excellent client and colleague relationships, and develop the practice
- Excellent all-round communication skills
Drive and ambition to deliver excellent client service.